1. To perform turning, drilling and boring equipment parts.
2. To perform a high precision job for rotating equipment especially wear, shaft, bushing, bearing and impeller.
3. Operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to produce metal parts.
4. Review electronic or written blueprints or specifications for a job.
5. Calculate where to cut or bore.
6. Shape steel, aluminum, titanium, plastic, silicon and other materials.
7. Determine how fast or slow workpiece is fed into machine.
8. Determine how much material to remove.
9. Select tools and materials for the job.
10. Plan the sequence of cutting and finishing operations.
11. Mark the workpiece to show where cuts should be made.
12. Position workpiece on the drill press, lathe, or milling machine.
13. Monitor and control feed rate and speed.
14. Ensure workpiece is properly lubricated and/or cooled.
15. Regulate temperature of workpiece.
16. Detect problems by listening for specific sounds.
17. Adjust cutting speed to compensate for harmonic vibrations.
18. Monitor the accuracy of cuts.
19. Replace dull cutting tools.
20. Check accuracy of work against blueprints and specifications.
21. Produce large quantities of parts.
22. Determine how automated equipment will cut a part.
23. Determine cutting path.
24. Concert path, speed, and feed information into set of instructions for machine tool.
a. Candidate must possess at least Certificate that related to the position.
b. At least 3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
c. Preferably candidate who familiar with machine shop.
d. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
e. High level of integrity with excellent interpersonal and problem solving.
f. Independent and able to perform with minimal supervision.
g. Can start immediately.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program
2. Familiar with common safety and protective equipment
3. Knowledge of working with hazardous equipment.
4. Knowledge of such tools as calipers, hammers, drill presses, horizontal turning centers and height gauges.