· Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
· Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
· Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers.
· Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
· Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
· Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
· Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
· Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· SPM /Professional Certificate/Diploma in Engineering or equivalent
· At least 2 years of working experience in the related field.
· Able to read and intepret engineering drawing.
· Able to use precision tools to take accurate measurements.
· Good attitude with the passion to learn.
· Adhere to good quality , housekeeping and safety practices.